Saturday, March 1, 2008

Welcome!

Hello World and Reader:

I have finally relented to pressure from family, friends, colleagues, and others, and I am making my vast body of knowledge available to the rest of the world.

First, allow me to welcome you to "Personal Finance for Real People." This blog will attempt to provide useful financial planning tips that almost anyone can employ immediately, in order to improve their financial future.

Some of the topics planned for discussion include:
  1. Income Generation (Ways to increase income, reduce taxes, and supplement income)
  2. Debt Management (Consolidation techniques, credit enhancement and repair, ways to avoid debt)
  3. Personal Savings (Emergency Funds, Goal Setting, Priorities)
  4. Long-Term Savings (College Funds, Retirement, Major Purchases)
  5. Risk Management (Proper Insurance Protection, Scam Avoidance)
  6. Estate Planning (Wealth Transfer, Minimization of Death Taxes, Probate)
  7. Real Estate (Your First Home, Income Property, Commercial Investments)
  8. Mortgages (Saving Money, Choosing the Right Mortgage)
  9. Business Topics (Incorporation, Funding, Managing, Planning, Business Credit)
  10. Other Topics (Chosen by Readers or Dictated by Current Events)

Of course, each of these subjects has sub-topics, and each sub-topic provides many areas for discussion. Over the next few weeks, I will be posting a large number of informational articles touching on these points. These articles will provide a starting point for discussion, and I want your comments, so please feel free to contribute.

Once I get the core topics posted on this blog, I plan to submit at least one weekly post that deals with current issues. As of this writing, the sub-prime dilemma has touched almost everyone in the world, either directly or indirectly. Many people wonder how to take advantage of the situation for their own planning, while some just wonder how to get back to zero. Topics such as these will be fodder for this blog.

My goal is to set this up as a resource that will provide ideas for you to improve your financial life for the long haul. Having said that, I must request some things from you. Your willingness to read and participate in this blog are subject to the following disclosures, acceptances, and restrictions:

Anything that I have written on this site is copyrighted by me, unless stated otherwise. Rights to my content are mine alone, but I will authorize limited usage of this information:

  1. By currently-enrolled students at no charge, as long as they provide proper credit to me.
  2. If a student posts their work online, they must include a link back to the source of the material in addition to giving proper credit.
  3. Teachers must request permission to use specific materials before use (usually granted at no charge)
  4. To those who request and pay for a license to use the materials.

Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold me harmless for any use of the information that you read here, as it is offered for entertainment purposes only, and carries no guarantee, warranty, or other representation.

Having said all of this, I hope that you will bookmark this page, subscribe to my RSS feeds, click on my sponsors' links, and enjoy this blogsite for years to come.

I sincerely thank you for your visit and your support!

Randall Parker, MBA

No comments:

Post a Comment